March 09, 2005

Happy Friendship Week

This week is National Friendship Week and I received the following in an email. I don't think I should blog it -- it's too sappy. Really this is most unlike me... I just want you to know this is not my doing...

True Friend
> A girl asked a guy if he thought she was pretty,
> He said...no.
> She asked him if he would want to be with her forever...
> and he said no.
> She then asked him if she were to leave would he cry,
> and once again he replied with a no.
> She had heard enough.
>
> As she walked away, tears streaming down her face
> The boy grabbed her arm and said....
> You're not pretty you're beautiful.
> I don't want to be with you forever.
> I NEED to be with you forever.
> And I wouldn't cry if you walked away...
> I'd die...
>
> SO NOW I WILL SAY:
> I like you because of who you are to me...
> A true friend and if I don't get this back I'll take the hint.
>
> Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they like you.
> Something good will happen to you at 1:00-4:00 PM tomorrow. It could
> be anywhere AOL, yahoo, outside of school, anywhere. Get ready for the

> biggest shock of your
> life. Please send to 15 people in 15 minutes.
> __________________________________________________
>
> Proud to be your Friend!
> Make sure you read all the way down to the last sentence, and don't
> skip ahead.
>
> Things I've learned...
>
> ... life is like a roll of toilet paper.
> The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
>
> ... we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for
>
> ...That money doesn't buy class.
>
> ... it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
>
> ... under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated

> and loved.
>
> ... the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
>
> ... to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
>
> ... when you plan to get even with someone,
> you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
>
> ... love, not time, heals all wounds.
>
> ... the easiest way for me to grow as a person
> is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
>
> ... everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
>
> ... there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling

> their breath on your cheeks.
>
> ... no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
>
> ... life is tough, but I'm tougher.
>
> ... opportunities are never lost;
> someone will take the ones you miss.
>
> ... when you harbor bitterness,
> happiness will dock elsewhere.
>
> ... I wish I could have told those I cared about
> that I love them one more time before they passed away.
>
> ... one should keep his words both soft and tender,
> because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
>
> ... a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
>
> ... I can't choose how I feel,
> but I can choose what I do about it.
>
> ... when your newly born child holds your little finger
> in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.
>
> ... everyone wants to live on top of the mountain,
> but all the happiness, and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
>
> ... the less time I have to work, the more things I get done.
>
> To all of you ... read all the way down to the last sentence. It's
> National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care. Send
> this to everyone you consider a FRIEND, even if it means sending it
> back to the person who sent it to you. If it comes back to you, then

> you'll know you have a circle of friends.
>
> HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK TO YOU!!!!!!
> YOU ARE MY FRIEND AND I AM HONORED
>